Monday 11 July 2011

THINK BIGGER

I have learnt a valuable lesson this week.

The wife of my husband's cousin (keeping up so far?) put me in touch with a friend of hers who runs his own PR company. I didn't know him previously (to clarify "him" being the friend, not "him" my husband, or "him" his cousin) and so in discussing WLM went back to the basics about our business strategy. This is useful in itself, to refamiliarise yourself with your goals and strategies, but also he queried me on a couple of points which made me reassess them slightly.

The main point being, I need to think bigger. There's no rule that says in order to make the big time with your company you have to wait for X number of years. There's nothing to stop you growing as quickly as you want to and nothing to prevent you from reaching success sooner rather than later. In the words of Carrie Bradshaw, "I got to thinking" why am I not already trying to get WLM into magazines like Red, the big newspapers and breakfast TV? So they're included in my new goals. Wish me luck!

If you don't do it already (and maybe you all do!) I definitely recommend revisiting your business plan and goals on a regular basis and checking that they are still relevant / appropriate / realistic. And as importantly, are your dreams big enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment